Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Open Letter to Michael Bloomberg


Dear Mr. Bloomberg:

I am speaking on behalf of a great majority. Once upon a time, not so long ago, this great nation was on its' knees. We were mourning the loss of our comrades on 9/11. During this troubling time, many of us turned to prayer. It is fitting, therefore, in memory of those lost to us on that drreadful day, we turn to prayer again.

Prayer, as I understand, is highly controversial. It can be seen as a right of free speech, or as an endorsement of a state religion. However, prayer needn't necessarily indicate a state endorsement. I would like to suggest, that in lieu of no prayer at the memorial, representatives of as many faiths as permissible, pray for the souls of the departed in their own way.

Thank you for your time. Sincerely yours,

Transica Hester.

1 comment:

  1. Got this from someone I'm incredibly familiar with...

    Liked the idea.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Live Long and Prosper! I am an eccentric. I like Jewish/Hebrew music, focusing on whatever special interests I have, especially if it concerns my friends. Quintessentially, I love my gifts from God. I dislike it when people dislike the lives of their own children, and torture them in the name of training and treatment. My dreams for the future are to become a Professor, writer, wife and mum. May the Force be with you!

Followers