Saturday, March 19, 2011

What Do I Know About Kids?

Your result for The What Do You Know About Children, Anyway? Test...

72% kid smarts


When it comes to raising children, everyone has his or her own belief system in place.  This may be due to your parents' positive influence on your life, or their subsequent negative influence.  Perhaps you always approached something from a certain angle, and one of your life experiences has led you to see things from a different perspective.

Many of these questions were subjective -- the answers were scored equally among those that were in the best interest of the child in question.

There is one important thing I will point out here, due to the overwhelming number of emails I received inquiring about the subject.  Any child, particularly under the age of 10 (or prepubescent), but not necessarily limited to that age, who tells you that he or she has been sexually assaulted in ANY way...has above a 98% honesty rate.  How do I know?  I've worked extensively with both adult and juvenile sex offenders, as well as victims of child sexual abuse.  Oftentimes, the victims become the offenders.  Don't ever doubt a child.  Yes, there have been cases where the child fabricates a story...but you know what?  I'll bet that anyone who searched deep enough would find that the child had been abused by someone at some point in time.

Ok, off my soapbox.  Hope you enjoyed the test.  Yes, I could've made categories.  Yes, I could've gone into greater detail about the scoring system.  If anything, this test made you think about some uncomfortable things; when we're uncomfortable, we act.
Take The What Do You Know About Children, Anyway? Test at HelloQuizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Live Long and Prosper! I am an eccentric. I like Jewish/Hebrew music, focusing on whatever special interests I have, especially if it concerns my friends. Quintessentially, I love my gifts from God. I dislike it when people dislike the lives of their own children, and torture them in the name of training and treatment. My dreams for the future are to become a Professor, writer, wife and mum. May the Force be with you!

Blog Archive

Followers